[Ninux-Wireless] Fwd: [DC3] Survey on Community Networks for the EC

Clauz clauz a ninux.org
Mar 3 Set 2019 20:01:19 CEST

-------- Original Message --------
From: Leandro Navarro <leandro at pangea.org>
Sent: September 3, 2019 6:12:38 PM GMT+02:00
To: 'Dynamic Coalition on Community Connectivity ' <dc3 at listas.altermundi.net>
Subject: [DC3] Survey on Community Networks for the EC

Hi, this is a message for community networks in the area of influence of
the European Commission. For others, sorry for the spam or you may want
to take a look at the survey as a sample of what a government may want
to know about community networks.

I got this message from a representative of the Broadband Competence
Offices Network (BCO Network) of the European Commission
(https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/broadband-competence-offices).
They want to explore ways to support community networks in Europe (among
other models), as the aims to turn Europe into a Gigabit Society by 2025
are far from being achieved at least in rural areas.

They have a survey for Community Networks Managers (associations,
managers, communities,…) to gather inputs from their experience and
opinions to find the way the European Commission could include their
vision in the new programming period and help BCOs to understand in a
better way Community Networks initiatives, their needs and how to help
them (and not distort or interfere).

If you’re interested it would be great to contribute your views (you or
anyone else in your CN) so your community may be heard:

https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/WG_Questionnaire_CommunityNetwork

Cheers, Leandro.