[Battlemesh] any results of the tests?

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:50:35 CEST 2012

In addition to this Madwifi is a dead end that wont allow us to work
with layer-2 data for routing metrics. Either we get a fixed ath5k or
we should switch to a better hardware platform.

Henning

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:53, Antonio Quartulli <ordex at autistici.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 10:43:51AM +0200, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Antonio Quartulli <ordex at autistici.org> wrote:
>> > Hello bj,
>> >
>> > someone else can probably give you some more detailed info, but I'd say that the
>> > most important result we got is that ath5k has to be fixed :) (or that we need
>> > to switch to another device. I think this was the final conclusion)
>>
>> So you got stuck at layer1?
>
> As far as I understood (I was not working on the tests) after Elektra set up
> batmand, the test-group tried to play the first scenario, but the card
> stopped working after few seconds of heavy load.
>

>> I told you my bad experience with ath5k, switched back to madwifi.
>
> The idea was to test 802.11s too, so we needed a mac80211 compatible driver...
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Antonio Quartulli
>
> ..each of us alone is worth nothing..
> Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."